Had our first digi-crop last week. What fun it was to learn our way around Studio together and work on our projects together. We focused on some basic Studio skills. Here are a couple of important tips and tricks:
BORDERS AROUND PHOTOS:
You may notice that when you stretch or shrink a photo, embellishment, background, or other art work that is unlocked, the colour of the border around it might change. These colours are indications of the quality of photo resolution when your project is printed. Here’s what they mean:
– green border = all is well. Item will print clearly.
– yellow border = careful. You are starting to lose some resolution and it will not be as clear.
– orange border = CAUTION! This item will not print clearly and will be somewhat blurry.
– red border = WARNING! This item has lost significant resolution and will be significantly blurry.
DRAG AND DROP:
– To easily replace a photo, background or embellishment when items are locked (thick red border), simply select the item and drag the new one until your cursor is overtop of the box that says “Drag photo here to swap”. (If box doesn’t show up, simply drag and drop while holding down the Ctrl key.)
– To easily replace a photo, background or embellishment when items are unlocked (green border), simply select the item, hold down the Ctrl key and drag the new one until your cursor is overtop of the item being replaced (the “Drag photo here to swap” box might also appear).
MORE TIPS AND TRICKS COMING SOON!!
Follow my blog to have all new posts – project ideas, upcoming events, tips and tricks, sales, etc. – emailed to you directly. No need to keep checking back!